Vegan Black Bean Casserole
This is an easy vegan Black Bean Casserole good for any night of the week! It's simple and delicious!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
- 18 Corn Tortillas
- 3½ cups Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1½ cups sweet yellow corn, cooked
- 2 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese blend Vegan cheese of choice (Option)
- fresh cilantro diced for garnish
- bunch of green onions diced for garnish
Preheat oven to 375° and grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside
Saute onion, bell peppers, and jalapeno for a few minutes in a couple tbsp of broth of choice
Lay 6 tortillas on bottom of baking dish, they will overlap
Spread about 1½ cups of enchilada sauce over tortillas and spread evenly
Spread ½ the sauteed onions and peppers and half the beans, half the corn and add a third of the cheese blend on top.
Repeat the layering of the tortillas, enchilada sauce, remainder of the sauteed onions and peppers, rest of the beans and corn and another third of the cheese.
Place the last layer of 6 tortillas, add the remaining enchilada sauce and the remainder of the cheese.
Place in the middle rack of the oven for 45-55 minutes until the sauce is bubbling, the cheese will be melted and the middle cooked through.
Let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and green onions, serve immediately. Enjoy!