Black Bean Chili
This is an easy homemade Black Bean Chili! It is Vegan, plant based and oil free!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 15 mins
- 4 15 oz Black Beans
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 Med. to Large Onion
- 2 15 oz Crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder, yes more garlic flavor
- 1-2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup TVP- used 2 chopped up Boca Burgers
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix everything together in a slow cooker and set on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Stir 2-3 times during cook time.
Is great with homemade sour cream or over baked potatoes, which we did!