Chuckandmaryboyd may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn More
Stove Top Chicken and Rice with Essential Oils
Here’s a different idea for a delicious meal using Essential Oils, the best! While looking for a chicken and rice recipe we came upon this recipe. We made it today and it is absolutely delicious!
Thank you, Cathy Pollack at The Noble Pig. We made a few adjustments to the recipe, changed to Coconut oil adding Oregano Essential Oil and made it for a potluck meal, adding onions, carrots, and peas.
Find something special everyday through Zulily’s wide array of the hottest names in women, men, kids, home decor, health, and beauty. When you shop on Zulily, you’ll find unique products from up-and-coming brands you won’t see anywhere else. These items are available for a limited time, and new sales open every day.
Because Zulily believes value means great products priced right, you’ll always find their selection up to 70% off throughout the site. Head over to Zulily and find your something special today.
2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts (cut up in bite sized pieces)
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 drop of oregano essential oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
Pat chicken dry, trim fat and cut into bite size pieces, then season with salt & pepper. Added to a skillet with 1 T Coconut Oil. Cover pan with lid, saute for a few minutes until they are no longer pink. They do not have to be cooked til done.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, minced garlic, chili powder and cayenne. Set aside.
- Heat pan and coconut oil (1 Tablespoon oil or just enough to coat the bottom of the pan, the chicken will also release some fat so you will have plenty) over medium heat. When pan is hot, add chicken pieces. (You do not have to cook the chicken through at this point.) Remove chicken to a plate and set aside. Leave pan on the stove, but turn off the heat. Add oil then saute onions and carrots until onions are translucent. You will have oil and juices left in the pan, which is okay. Add your spice mixture to the oil mixture and onion then combine them with a wooden spoon. The pan will still be hot and you are gently toasting them in the residual heat. Once combined, turn the heat back on and slowly pour in the chicken broth and stir, scraping up any final brown bits stuck to the bottom. Whisk in tomato paste, 2 drops of oregano essential oil, add rice,stirring to combine. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, layer in partially cooked chicken pieces and turn heat down to the lowest possible setting. Simmer the chicken and rice, covered for 25-minutes, with 5 minutes remaining add 1 cup frozen peas.
Delicious! QUESTIONS? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org