Homemade Pumpkin Bread With Einkorn Flour
Since we found out the health benefits of using Einkorn flour we have been baking more, especially when we found out about the dangers of wheat. We’ve posted a no-knead loaf of homemade yeast sandwich bread and it turned out great. We have also made a delicious homemade banana nut bread which we’ll post the recipe soon. Yum!
This homemade pumpkin bread we found to be delicious also! We have made it several times just wanting to make sure the recipe met our expectations and it certainly did. So here it is.
Homemade Pumpkin Bread
- 1¾ cup 1 cup einkorn flour and ¾ cup spelt flour
- ¾ cup cocout sugar-can use less
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground all spice
- ⅔ cup wolfberries or cranberries
- ¾ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- ½ cup nut milk, i e, almond or cashew
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease (pam) 9x5 loaf pan
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine
- Add the pumpkin puree and milk to another bowl and stir together
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. It is a very stiff batter but will come together with a bit of elbow grease!
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out.
- Bake for 55 minutes then check it. May need an extra 5 minutes. Check with toothpick and make sure it comes out dry!
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing
Serve the loaf as it is or with some homemade butter or a nut butter.
Store in a sealed container for up to 4 days. Freezes well.