Chuckandmaryboyd may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn More
Potato and Spinach Soup
We love our Vitamix 5200 blender. We have had it over 10 years now and it shows no sign of wear. We use it for soups, smoothies, shakes and will soon use it to grind our Einkorn Berries to make flour. I’ll report on that! More recipes will be coming soon!
Here’s a soup we’ve found to be very hearty just as it is. However, you can also add a small chicken breast sauteed and cut up should your appetite demand it.
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth, low sodium
- 3 potatoes, scrubbed & baked & quartered
- ¼ cup onion, peeled & diced
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 drop rosemary essential oil when adding spinach
- 1 ounce frozen spinach or 1 hand full fresh spinach
- Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the broth, potatoes, onion into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5 and remove the lid plug. Add spinach through the lid plug opening and add 1 drop rosemary essential oil, blend an additional 25 seconds. Salt and pepper to taste.