Homemade Einkorn Drop Biscuits
These homemade drop biscuits are easy and are soon in the oven. They go well with homemade oatmeal, gravy and eggs if you eat them, and are delicious with soup and even with peanut butter and maple syrup!
We love homemade drop biscuits. I remember my mom’s biscuits and they were out of this world good! She whipped up these biscuits so fast and had them in the oven of our old wood cook stove before you knew it! It was simply amazing!
These biscuits were good with her homemade milk gravy and eggs! Unbelievable! Believe it or not I have put one of her biscuits in my pants pocket many times. Never threw one away either!
We’ve changed our eating habits over the years and still love these drop biscuits but made the recipe a little more healthy and honestly they are very, very good!
We love them with peanut butter and maple syrup. And they went will with the split pea soup we’ve had the last couple of evenings! I’m very sure they would go well with sausage gravy and eggs but we won’t go there!
Einkorn Drop Biscuits
- 4 cups Einkorn flour Can use whole wheat or spelt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup homemade applesauce sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1¼ cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 425°
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl.
- Add applesauce, apple cider vinegar and water and mix well in separate bowl
- Combine the two and mix by hand or with mixer for 2 minutes
- Spoon dough approx 2 in. apart onto baking sheet-dough will be sticky
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown